Looking for a career at Charles Bentley & Son Ltd?
With so much planned for the year ahead, an exciting opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer with video & social media knowhow has arisen. This is an opportunity to join us during a truly exciting time. We’re going through a re-brand, due to launch in May, we’re working with more high street brands than ever before, launching new exciting lines and exporting to new territories across the globe.
Job Description – Junior Graphic Designer
Job Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Department: Design & Marketing
Report to: Head of Marketing & Graphic Designer
Perm / Contract: 3-Month Contract
Remuneration: £17,500 to £18,000 (Pro-Rata)
Date: 18th April 2019
A Little About Us!
Believe it or not, Charles Bentley has been around since 1860, when we originally provided brushes for Victorian chimney sweepers! We’re now a global supplier of stylish and fantastic quality home, garden and leisure products. Not only do we sell directly to consumers, we work with equally established high street brands such as Next, Sainsbury’s and Wilko to name a few.
From dining sets to children’s outdoor toys and all things in between, we take the hard work out of shopping for your home by giving shoppers thousands of products to choose from. We leave no stone unturned and keep an eye on the latest trends so that you’ll always find something new and up to date – just without the designer price tag!
A big part of our philosophy is only selling products that we have discovered, created or made ourselves. Each product is put through its paces until we’re satisfied and it’s only then that we’ll put our name on it and give our seal of approval. If it’s not good enough for us, it’s not good enough for you.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Lead Graphic Designer, the successful candidate’s job will involve:
- Working on the creation and execution of packaging designs to suit the current market trends
- Producing product and promotion literature
- Assisting with the development of our brand, including new product development and colour trends
- Assisting with the design and build of seasonal exhibition stands
- Developing and implementing of social media content
- Creation of in-house video content
- Creation of content for the Charles Bentley social media channels
- Product photography and editing
- Creation of print ready artwork for leading brands
- Supporting the marketing team to develop promotional material (print & digital)
- Packaging development
- Catalogue development
- Photoshop editing
- This will also involve any other general duties asked of by the Head of Marketing and Design team
Role Related Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, Qualifications and Experience Required
- A design based, degree-level qualification or similar
- An excellent design portfolio
- Excellent skills within Adobe Suite
- Experience within photography
- Experience working with Adobe Premier Pro or similar
- Ability to work proactively under your own initiative
- Ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Excellent copywriting ability
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload as required
- A strong desire to learn and develop your skills
- Assisting in office duties and general department tasks
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a previous role with a minimum of 1 year’s work experience, with a proven track record and an eye for detail
Are You Ready for the Challenge?
If you feel that you’re up for the challenge, you have the energy and drive to make a difference to the business, appreciate a good cup of tea / coffee, maybe a soft spot for pastries and you want to be part of a talented and growing team, get in touch and let’s have a conversation!
Interested? Email your CV & Covering Letter to our HR Business Partner email@example.com
Job Description – Loading Bay Supervisor
Reports in to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Loading Bay team.
Working with: Despatch Planners, Warehouses, Transport and Production staff
Location: Split between Jubilee Drive (main loading location), Monarch Way (overspill and promotional orders) and North Road (as and if required)
Hours of work: 9:00 – 18:00 or 10:00 – 19:00
The Loading Bay Supervisor is responsible for the collation and loading of all customer orders onto the correct transport in line with the Planning Schedule. The Loading Bay Supervisor will also organise the team on a daily basis to ensure that the orders are collated accurately, in the correct sequence and loaded as per the agreements we have with our customers.
- Load and despatch customer orders in line with agreed customer KPI’s and standards
- Work to achieve zero complaints regarding quality
- Accurately complete all loading paperwork/labels required for the delivery
- Daily attendance and participation of Production Planning Meeting (at which the Loading plan will be agreed and then communicated to the team.)
- Organisation of Loading Bay team members to meet daily plan
- Liaise with associated departments to ensure daily production and despatch plans are met
- Escalate (to Operations Manager) any issues affecting adherence to daily plan
- Monitor labour levels, requesting (with justification) temporary labour where necessary to meet daily plan
- Gain an understanding of promotional plans throughout the year, and the impact on team capacity
- Investigate and determine root cause of any complaints received
- Undertake and participate in Continuous Improvement activities as identified
- Attendance at Operations meeting as required
- Carry out structured ‘Tool box talks’ and other briefings as necessary to Loading Bay team members, ensuring that their attendance is recorded accurately.
- Holiday approval and monitoring for Loading Bay team
- Conduct Return to work interviews as required with Loading Bay team members, and identifying any poor attendance records in a timely fashion
- Conduct Loading Bay team annual appraisals
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly safety and maintenance checks are completed on all equipment by Loading Bay team, prior to using them. Track any training requirements for fork lift trucks and other machinery requiring refresher training
- Previous experience in a Loading Bay or Despatch area, preferably as a Supervisor or Team Leader
- Experience of working within a FMCG (fast moving convenience goods) organisation delivering to multiple customers
- Experience of using multiple haulage companies
- Experience of using counterbalance and/or FLT (current license not essential as refresher training can be given)
- PPT licence, refresher will be organised if lapsed
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate, training will be provided for company specific software
- Accurate data entry skills
- Worked in a company supplying into the major retailers
- Experience of export despatching
- VNA (very narrow aisles) licence
If you are interested please email your CV to Claire Perry (HR Business Partner) at
Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Lee Hackett for more information.
Closing date: Monday 29 April 2019
If you feel you have the skills to join an expanding, global business please send your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be suitable for this exciting role to Claire.Perry@charlesbentley.com