Looking for a career at Charles Bentley & Son Ltd?
Established in 1860, Charles Bentley and Son Ltd are one of Loughborough’s oldest companies and largest employers. As a family owned and run business, we pride ourselves in offering customers excellent products, value for money and service across many product ranges and industries. We have offices in Loughborough, China, Hong Kong & USA and supply Pan European, Middle East & Asia pacific markets
ROLE TITLE: Quality Manager (Temporary)
REPORTS TO: Director
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To ensure that products supplied by Charles Bentley & Son Ltd (both retail and E-commerce) are fit for purpose, consistent and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations. To manage the team and coordinate the activities required to meet internal and external quality standards, including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and customer technical audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise and establish the company quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Review customer requirements and ensure they are met
- Work with purchasing team to ensure product specific quality and legal requirements are met
- Ensure effective product inspections are carried out through various stages of a product life cycle (internally and externally).
- To ensure that manufacturing and/or production processes meet international and national standards
- To ensure all parts of the Charles Bentley & Son Ltd supply chain conform to required quality and legal requirements and are audited as required
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff and ensure their adherence
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures, including but not limited to internal quality audits, SOP’s, etc.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Advise on relevant quality standards with regards to new product development and tenders
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Leads the business with management of Technical audits & hosting audits as appropriate.
Role related knowledge, skills, behaviors, qualifications and experience required
- Proven experience as a Quality Manager in a relevant field (3 years minimum)
- Sound technical knowledge of electricals, toys and games.
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Experience of ISO 9001:2015 required.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
If you feel you have the skills to join an expanding, global business please send your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be suitable for this exciting role to Claire.Perry@charlesbentley.com